Hey there book club!
Whitney here with your weekly wrap-up! I assume y’all are in the same boat I am this week – completely consumed with the Olympics.
There’s just something about watching the Olympics that brings back all these fantastic memories. I am a huge gymnastics fan (and not just every four years), and every time I watch Biles or Raisman do something amazing I’m reminded of the hours, days, weeks my sister and I spend playing Olympic gymnastics in the 90s.
Speaking of things I spent a lot of time doing in the 90s – next week we’re going ALL HARRY POTTER y’all! We’ll warn you before any Cursed Child spoilers, but you can look forward to all our love of JK and her crew.
Links We Love
- Can’t get enough of USA gymnastics – and this article was one of the greatest explorations of media coverage of the sport I’ve seen so far.
- Also loving on Katie Ledecky. She’s just so darn impressive. Twitter loves her too!
- Lit Hub did a piece featuring the most literary guide to bodybuilding ever – great for pairing with Olympic weightlifting!
- The Persied Meteor Shower peaked August 11, and I took a road trip to Shenandoah to see it (see some footage that’s not mine).
- The Introvert’s Banter poem went viral. It’s a must watch, y’all.