Book Club Brunch – Chapter 13
Hi there book club,
One of the awesome and horrible bits of being a part of this amazing virtual book club is that I get the chance to meet and chat with some amazing people. I say horrible because we rarely get to be in the same place at the same time!
Earlier this summer I had the chance to hang with Austyn in Vegas, but this week I (finally!) got to meet Sarah and Molly in person! We’d connected via Imaginary Book Club, but now we’re all in the DC area, so we decided that it was time to hang out in person! Of course, we met up at Kramer’s, one of the best bookstores ever. I’m so happy that we have this fantastic team of people to make Imaginary Book Club such an awesome place.
Thanks for making this a crazy cool place, folks!
PS: I CANNOT GET MYSELF TO FINISH ZERO K!! Seriously y’all, I know book club is next week, and I just can’t get myself to finish! Must power through this weekend!
Links We Love
- Get geared up for fall with Buzzfeed Books 21 fall releases to look forward to!
- I caught this great look at two of my feminist favorites from Writes of Women – Daughters of Decadence and The Yellow Wallpaper .
- Are there books people get tired of you recommending? This blogger at Nerdy Book Club rounded up some of theirs.
- One of the objections to HP and the Cursed Child is about queerbaiting – and this article describes the complaint really well. (I agree).
- Love this tool I stumbled across! Tell it what book you just finished, and it’ll give you recommendations!