Book Club Brunch – Chapter 15
So glad to be back with y’all this week! Took a micro-break last weekend to recover from some work craziness.
Throughout last month, while I was trying to work my way through Zero K, I just had this super difficult time getting into reading. Every book I picked up was hard to get into and even though I tried multiple strategies to get out of my slump, I couldn’t do it!
Happily, it’s all turned around now that we’re reading The Woman in Cabin 10 for book club. Such an awesome, quick, and interesting read. I moved straight on from that to Steinbeck’s In Dubious Battle, and am loving being back with an author I love.
How do you turn around a reading slump?
Links We Love
- Loved this post from LitHub rounding up some great fall books.
- Great post over on Brown Books & Green Tea showed all the awesome middle grade books by black authors that so many people are missing out on.
- Seriously hate The Guardian’s attempt to use “femoirs” to describe memoirs written by hilarious women.
- There’s going to be a Super Girl Miniseries. Yay!!
- And in news we know: 77% of Americans say libraries need resources. Duh.