Book Club Brunch – Chapter 16
Whitney here with your weekly wrap-up!
This weekend kicks off the National Book Festival, arguably one of the best reasons to live in the greater DC area. I’m looking forward to doing a little appropriate stalking of Kate Beaton, Noelle Stevenson, Sarah Vowell, Colson Whitehead, Carl Hiassan, Joyce Carole Oates, and so many more of my favorite authors. There’s simply nothing like it! Only problem is deciding how to divide up time when there’s such an incredibly packed schedule.
Happily, I can spend most of the day doing whatever I want! If you’re also going to be around, tweet me @ImaginaryBC and maybe we can make a meet-up happen!
Links We Love
- These fantastic fall cook books (thanks Book Riot) just make me feel so much more excited for the changing seasons.
- Nick Offerman narrated a version of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and I can’t think of a more perfect fit.
- If you want more after our Top 10 Comics for People Who Think They Hate Comics, you need to see this list of coming comics from The Guardian.
- Spotify is now hosting audio books of 75 free classic books, including Austen, Joyce, Kafka, Vonnegut and more.
- Couldn’t not read this list of books from Book Riot that are sure to secure your “coolest aunt” status.