Whitney here with your weekly wrap-up!
Gosh a lot has happened since my last weekly post. Two weeks, and yet amazing things have happened! I spent a long weekend with some of my oldest friends, adventuring all over Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands outside Seattle. It was an awesome time, spent with amazing people. Less reading happened than I planned for a vacation, but only good reasons for not having a book in my hand. Snagged a picture of Austyn and I on a mountain (rare for her).
And now, I get a whole week to spend with Austyn and her husband. We’re having a lot of fun exploring the DC area (starting with Kramerbooks first!).
Links We Love
- An unforgettable piece – What to do when someone tells you they hate reading.
- I also loved this list of 8 moody (non-horror) books for this October – we’ll be adding some others to your October horror TBR, don’t worry!
- These 15 middle school reads by black authors are another awesome addition to the TBR.
- Great piece on why the Wizard of Oz was banned for “depicting women in strong leadership roles.”
- The Guardian also had an awesome piece on how family tragedy turned Roald Dahl into a medical pioneer. Learn something new every day.