The Shining is scary as hell. I’m not even a third of the way in, and it makes my skin crawl constantly. I think I’m just in anticipation of how scary it’s going to be, and it’s terrifying me.
Definitely a read-only-during-daylight-hours kind of book.
Have you started The Shining yet? Or did you pick up another scary book from our list of classic scary reads?
Links We Love
- Despite the fact that odds were 1/4 that Murakami was going to take it, Bob Dylan won the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- There are new vending machines in French train stations filled with free short stories! What a cool concept.
- New Pottermore essays on The Magical Congress of the United States of America are up.
- NYPL officially now allows patrons to download 300,000 eBooks, which is amazing!
- Did you catch Kristin Chenoweth singing the Game of Thrones theme? Killer.