I’ll just be over here cowering in a corner. Stephen King has officially made my life a persistent paranoia / fear. Last night I seriously made my husband search our apartment for “something scary” because I couldn’t fall asleep.
I do not do horror well.
I’ve quite literally been setting daily page counts (35+ pages per day) so that I don’t just lock it in a closet and never look at it again.
As an interlude to The Shining, I’ve been swapping back and forth between Shakespeare’s The Winter’s Tale and the modern retelling The Gap of Time. It’s been at least ten years since I picked up Shakespeare, and it’s like I can feel my brain working. It’s a muscle that I haven’t used in a while!
Who would have thought I’d think of Shakespeare as my “lite read”?
Wish me luck,
Links We Love
- Favorite thing that happened this week? #TrumpBookReport. Sometime Twitter knows when we need a break.
- There’s a teaser out for the HBO series based of Big Little Lies. This was such a popular book club pick, I can’t wait to see how it plays on screen!
- Malala Yousafzai just inked a deal on a picture book! Malala’s Magical Pencil will be on the gift list for next year, for sure.
- I loved this post from A.J. O’Connell on gender swapping characters when reading to children.
- If I get to London anytime soon, I’m taking this Sherlock Holmes & Charles Dickens map with me.