This week has been a rollercoaster of emotion. From the high of voting for the first female candidate on a major party ticket, and pantsuiting up with so many other amazing women, and then to have it come crashing down in a surprising upset. I’ve been processing this surprising event with a lot of reading, watching Parks & Recreation, and reminding myself of all the awesome things happening in the world.
Have you picked up Under the Udala Trees for book club this month? I was so happy to not be reading The Shining anymore that I completely breezed through this one! So happy to be reading a story about a woman fighting for her ability to be herself. Trust me – it’s a good read for the moment.
Also – Yay! Book Riot Live is this weekend! I’m super excited to be there! Drop it in the comments if you’re attending as well and we’ll try to put together a meet up!
Links We Love
- Need to feel better? Buzzfeed put together 32 Beautiful Sentences From Literature To Read When You’re Feeling Lost
- We’ll be sharing some gift guides soon, but I wanted to give a preview with this list of 29 gifts for booklovers
- LitHub put together some literary apocalypses that are probably worse than what’s actually going to happen to our country
- And here are 10 English Women Authors you should probably be reading
- Love love love this list of 10 Must-Read Children’s Books from the last 10 decades from Kate at ParchmentGirl