Happy New Year!
Hard to believe that it’s finally 2017!
Last year was, well, not the best. That can make it hard to drum up the enthusiasm and optimism that the new year typically brings. Yet, somehow, I’m still feeling pretty excited about turning over a new leaf!
And of course, I’m excited for a whole new year of book club! This whole year is filled with fantastic reads, and I’m really enjoying kicking it off with Truman Capote!
How are you enjoying In Cold Blood so far?
I have to admit, this is a re-read for me, so it’s fun to go back and see how the story is changed by a second reading! Get reading, because next week you are going to get the first edition of #SnackWithIBC! Don’t forget to sign-up for our mailing list so you don’t miss out!
Links We Love
- Check this piece on the science of willpower out! It might help you stick to your resolutions.
- These comics responding to the Orlando killings create an amazing anthology celebrating love.
- A resolution of mine for the new year? Read more small press books. This list of 10 small press books to look forward to in 2017 is my new TBR list!
- Love this follow-up to Marie Kondo’s 2016 success – how did the KonMari method impact your year?
- Take a look back at the last twenty years with this list of the most important books.