Book Club Brunch – Chapter 35
Spend a week in touch with my adopted family from the South and suddenly my accent completely changes.
Fortunately I got more than just an accent augmentation after spending a week in Cocoa Beach! I also can now say first hand that Harry Potter World is a magical magical place, and well worth the visit to Orlando! Of course, I was equally happy digging my toes into the sand on the beach as I was on a roller coaster (or maybe happier on the beach…) so I’ll call that a vacation well spent!
I also took the least beach-read-y book ever to the beach, and finished Kindred! Now I just can’t wait until book club so we can chat about it!!
Are you finished yet?
Links We Love
- Need a breather? Top 10 Cats in Literature. You’re welcome.
- Another good reason to pick up a book? Reading as self-care will help your activism.
- The NYT asked Chelsea Clinton about her favorite books, and she revealed a really interesting mix sitting on her shelves right now.
- Send books to the White House! You’ll be in good company.
- Jenny Lawson (aka The Bloggess) launched a coloring book. Which you need.