Why hello there,
Greetings from Eastern Washington! I’ve done a lot of traveling the past few days, down to Eugene and Ashland, Oregon, and up to the Dalles and the Tri-Cities, Washington. Along the way I made sure to stop at as many independent bookstores as possible, and I have some lovely treasures to show from it! Independent bookstore day is coming up April 29th. Look for my upcoming posts highlighting The Book Exchange, Klindt Books, Smith Family Bookstore, Adventures Underground and more!
I must admit, I STILL haven’t finished reading Middlesex…but I’m already loving The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas! I also just finished reading Murder in the Paperback Parlor by Ellery Adams and am devouring Bad Feminist by Roxanne Gay.
Links We Love
- Artists created new covers for classic books, and you can enter to win a framed print of them!
- Master of None is almost back for Season 2 and I am super excited! Haven’t watched Season 1 yet? It’s all on Netflix, so get to it!
- Hopefully you love the MTV show Daria as much as me, because if so you will enjoy this slide show of the characters, reimagined for present day.
- Healthy ice cream? Tell me more! I’m not going to do what this guy did and eat nothing but ice cream (even if he did lose weight) but I do want to pick up some of this the next time I’m at the store.
- You probably already saw this floating around the internet, but here are the most famous books that take place in each state. Fascinating!