Book Club Brunch – Chapter 4
Hello Imaginary friends,
We hit a bit of a landmark, and I didn’t even realize it!!
Back when we hit our 50th post, I did a little update on my reading goals for the year, mentioning that I was way ahead on my goal of reading 30 books before my 30th birthday. Well, it’s been a little over 3 months since then, we’ve officially hit our 100th post, and I can report that I’ve officially passed 30 books! Yay!
So, since I bypassed an opportunity to give you a reading progress recap, here’s a quick recap of everything I’ve read in my 29th year:
- Outlander, by Diana Gabladon (our review)
- Hunger Makes Me a Modern Girl, by Carrie Brownstein (our review)
- Men Explain Things to Me, by Rebecca Solnit
- Watership Down, by Richard Adams (our review)
- The Conjure Woman, by Charles Waddel Chestnutt (our review)
- Between the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates (our review)
- Funny Girl, by Nick Hornby (our #ReadWithIBC post)
- The Secret History of Wonder Woman, by Jill Lepore (our review)
- Yummy: The Last Days of Southside Shorty, by G. Neri
- Killing and Dying, by Adrian Tomine
- The Professor’s House, by Willa Cather
- The Bluest Eye, by Toni Morrison (our #ReadWithIBC post)
- Grace & Style, by Grace Helbig
- Lovely, Dark, Deep, by Joyce Carol Oates (our review)
- The Buried Giant, by Kazuo Ishiguro (our #ReadWithIBC post)
- Sex Criminals, Vol. 1, by Matt Fraction
- Lumberjanes, Vol. 1, by Noelle Stevenson (our review)
- Radiance, by Catherynne M. Valente (our ranting review)
- Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls, by Jes Baker
- Me Before You, by Jojo Moyes (our #ReadWithIBC post)
- Mistborn: The Final Empire, by Brandon Sanderson
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish, by Douglas Adams
- The Well of Ascension, by Brandon Sanderson
- The Hero of Ages, by Brandon Sanderson
- The Madwoman Upstairs, by Catherine Lowell
- The Martian, by Andy Weir (our review)
- My Brilliant Friend, by Elena Ferrante
- Sunday’s on the Phone to Monday, by Christine Reilly
- Big Little Lies, by Liane Moriarty (our #ReadWithIBC post)
- The Christie Curse, by Victoria Abbott (my musings on cozy cat mysteries)
- Fun Home, by Alison Bechdel
- Brooklyn, by Colm Toibin
- I Almost Forgot About You, by Terry McMillan
Yep, went a little ham with reading this year. And now I’m stuck in a rut with Carol and Patricia Highsmith’s The Price of Salt for our book club. I cannot wait to discuss the book with y’all in a couple weeks!
How has your progress been on this month’s pick?
Links We Love
- Love this roundup from Amazon Books of the best Sci-Fi and Fantasy books of June.
- LitHub listed out five books making headlines this week, which was totally worth the read!
- The movie trailer for Miss Peregine’s Home for Peculiar Children is so beautiful.
- Guardian made waves letting us all know that our book preferences may impact our love lives.
- Continuum Collective partnered with Bluestocking Bookstore to create a Woke AF summer book collection for budding feminists.