Book Club Brunch – Chapter 43
It’s May, which means spring may have sprung where you live! It also means that I turn the big 3-0 this month. That’s crazy! It feels like only yesterday I was in my early 20’s, broke and trying to figure out life. Now I’m less broke, but still working on figuring out life!
I started a new job this week and so far it is wonderful! Yay for positive change!
If your spring is not feeling so happy, check out Girlboss on Netflix. I love it, and I know Whitney does too. It’s wonderful 🙂 I’m excited to read A Man Called Ove this month. My mom loved that book, and she’s a pretty good judge of what to read.
Speaking of which: Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Show some love to your mom and to anybody who was a mom to you. Biological or not, moms deserve some love! Shoutout to my own mom, Nancy. Thanks for pushing me out of your vagina and for dealing with teenage me. You are awesome!
Links We Love
- THERE IS A NINJA TURTLE PIZZA COOKBOOK COMING OUT! My childhood dreams will come true! I am so excited, hence the annoying caps 🙂
- Two other great things from my childhood combined: Sailor Moon and ice skating! Evgenia Medvedeva is a Russian figure skater who loves anime, so naturally she performed a fantastic Sailor Moon routine. So good!
- With my birthday coming up, I am seriously considering supporting this Kickstarter campaign to help stop slouching. Upright Go is egg shaped and after you stick it on your back, it will vibrate if you start to slouch. Since I am the queen of terrible posture, this would probably be a good investment…
- Charles Roux re-creates fantastic meals from books. He has about 50 photos so far, and they are amazing! Charles, I volunteer to help you devour these feasts. Give me a call!
- And finally, McSweeney’s never fails to make me laugh, and their essay titled “Mrs. Potts Confronts the Enchantress Who Cursed Her and the Other Servants,” written by Amy Collier, is an instant classic. Love love love it!