Y’all, I feel like I owe you an apology. For the first time in almost two years, last week Imaginary Book Club didn’t have a single book review go up. What?
I can imagine that’s not what you want to hear from me, but it happened.
And it happened because apparently I’m old and falling apart. Early in the week, I started getting this bizarre achy pain in my legs, and a sharp pain in my back. I assumed I was dying, because I haven’t felt pain that bad since I destroyed a tendon in my right ankle. Instead, the kind urgent care doctor just explained that “back pain happens as you get older.” Much dismay about the inevitability of aging aside, I spent most of the last week on my back with an ice pack and muscle relaxers.
Fortunately, I’m getting back to normal! And that means that Imaginary Book Club is going to get back to our usual schedule of book reviews, recommendations, and more! Good thing too, because we have a very exciting book club discussion coming up in less than a week!
How are you liking A Man Called Ove so far? I’ve been hearing good things from all of you who are members of our Facebook group!
Links We Love
- Love these 15 new humor books to carry you through the long weekend with some much-needed laughs from Bustle Books!
- Cannot speak highly enough of this video from Caz (aka Little Book Owl) on what to do while you listen to audio books.
- Netflix re-imagined Anne of Green Gables with a lot more grit and a reality check – I’ve seen both positive and negative reactions to the new series.
- If you’re gearing up for summer reading, BuzzFeed delivered some recommendations of what’s “hot” this summer in books.
- Great breakdown from Bustle on what you can expect from Amazon Charts – a peek inside the literary insider world!