Hope everyone had fun chatting about The Price of Salt / Carol yesterday! If you missed it, be sure to check out our discussion. There were some pretty strong opinions about this one.
I’ve already started our new book club pick – The Nest – and discovered I accidentally picked up a large print copy. I suppose it’ll go faster this way? What version did you grab? I’m curious who’s reading on an e-reader versus a physical copy.
Also, I want to thank all of you who chose to support Imaginary Book Club through our Patreon page. This site is a labor of love for our editors and contributors, and your support really makes a difference in how much time we can dedicate to making it an amazing community. For those of you who missed the launch, after quite a bit of encouragement from friends and family, we’ve set up a Patreon page that allows people to donate to Imaginary Book Club on a monthly basis. You can donate as much as you like, from $1 on up. As a thank you for supporting us, we’ll be giving away a copy of our monthly book club pick to one of our supporters contributing more than $5/month each and every month.
Thank you all for being such an amazing community!!
Links We Love
- Um, what? Justin Trudeau is being featured in a Civil War II comic book?
- These four times African writers reinvented western classics definitely deserve a read for their own merit.
- Ann Pachett selected the top 75 books of the last 75 years. What do you think of her picks?
- This story of an undercover journalist’s investigation in North Korean being sold as an Eat, Pray, Love style-memoir is making a lot of people really angry.
- This app that gives you a 15-minute summary of a book just makes me angry.