Book Club Brunch – Chapter 51
It’s been a hot minute since I’ve made an appearance at Book Club Brunch. After two years of managing Imaginary Book Club, I needed a solid break. I think it’s natural that occasionally the thing that you love the most becomes the most draining part of your life, and I felt like I hit a wall. Happily, I’m now on an upswing – focusing on the positive and finding myself more energized than before I took a break. Listen to your bodies, people.
I’m also coming off a horrible reading slump. Everything I Never Told You just barely dragged me out of weeks of not finishing anything (I’m now 12 books behind on my GoodReads challenge this year). Time to get things back on track.
Of course, I have chosen some light reading to get me there – the complete Maus anyone? Just kidding. Nazis are never light reading.
What do you turn to when faced with a reading slump?
Links We Love
- Can I just pick everything happening over at our Facebook group?
- Writers’ HQ put together an album of accurately titled novels, which made me laugh out loud (just finished “Dysfunctional Family Bonds Over Tragic Event.”
- I’m not ready to read Hillary’s post-election memoir, but maybe I will be by the time it’s released in September.
- This video of a child melting down when their book ends.
- More memories of childhood horror with the “Dear America” books, which were basically about the horrors of child labor and pre-vaccine life.