Welcome me back from the great white north! Or the great smokey north, as most of British Columbia seems to be on fire, spreading smoke across the better part of BC, Washington and Oregon.
Oh, did you not hear about that? Too worried that we’re going to war with North Korea?
Yeah, me too.
On crazy mad weeks like this one, I feel like I need the hide out of reading a great book just to keep me grounded. Fortunately, I’ve been breezing through our book club pick this month – Commonwealth falls solidly within my bread and butter reading. It’s a slow-paced semi-literary family drama. Heavy on the slow, light on the drama. I’ve been really enjoying reading a nice relaxing read, and it never hurts that its partially based in my current homeland of Virginia.
How are y’all enjoying Commonwealth?
Links We Love
- These bookish iron on patches took me straight back to the 90s.
- Adorbs children’s book highlights the horror of ending a book that comes with every turn of a page.
- Another meandering list of 100 books everyone should read before they die. In case you want to put together your own 35 by 35, like I did!
- Reading does magical things to your brain.
- Need a breather? Top 10 Cats in Literature. You’re welcome.