Hi there book club!
Whitney here with your weekly wrap-up!
I had a blind date this week with a brand new book club (don’t worry, I’ll never leave you!), and it was simultaneously terrifying and awesome to have some more in-person conversations about all the books I’ve been loving (and hating). It got me thinking –
How can we make our Imaginary Book Club more interactive?
Since our founding, I’ve wanted them emphasis of IBC to be on the community – on us sharing our thoughts and having the unique opportunity to read together and discuss a book together once a month. Every month I hear of more people reading with us, and I see more conversation happening about our book club books.
I think that we can do more!
Next month, I’m considering amping up our Book Club. I’d make it so you can sign-up to read along with us, get weekly or twice weekly emails with insider information about how we picked the book, background about the author or setting, and reading questions. I also want to build in more opportunities to share what you think about it while you’re reading, rather than just at the end of the month. What do you think?
Tell me what you think in the comments!
Links We Love
- Won’t lie, I’m in love with these kittens and bunnies playing. Just something I needed this week.
- Also in love with the first all-female Presidential ticket – it’s Barbie, but still!
- Just started rereading Hyperbole and a Half, and the awesome people at Kramerbooks told me Allie Brosh is releasing new book this fall!
- Awesome side effect of Pokémon Go? Apparently it’s sending people to libraries!
- PS – don’t forget to welcome our new contributor Rachel and say congrats on her first post!!