Hi there book club!
Y’all may not be aware, but my book collection is facing a period of extreme peril. They will not all survive.
Hyperbolic? Yes. True? Also yes.
Yet again, I find myself in the horrifying predicament of having to pack all of my beloved books into boxes and move them into a brand new home. Well, a new-to-me home. I find myself having to choose, prioritize, and leave some unfortunate well-loved friends behind at a used bookstore or library.
What books have you dragged with you through multiple moves?
Wish me luck in paring down!
PS – Thank you to everyone who weighed in on book club changes last week!
Links We Love
- Penguin released a beautiful collection of illustrations of women in science by Rachel Ignotofsky.
- The Guardian is letting you vote for your favorite book to create a people’s choice award corresponding to those eligible for the Man Booker prize – just vote before Aug 1!
- New Yorker writers revealed their favorite summer reads – I have a book crush on Ryan North’s choose-your-own-adventure Romeo and Juliet.
- Shannon at River City Reading took a retreat from news media and finished 4 books in 5 days.
- Buzzfeed released an Intersectional Women’s Reading List, and I don’t hate it!