By the time you’re reading this, hopefully our movers have successfully packed up our entire place and put it into storage for the weekend. I plan to be basking in the glory of a night post-move in a hotel room. Possibly out to brunch.
I had a moment mid-week this past week where everything was making me happy cry. Not always the most emotive over here, but as I was listening to Hamilton on loop and perusing the internet, I just could not get this lyric out of my brain:
Look around, look around, at how lucky we are to be alive right now!
There’s something awesome and terrifying about this moment in our history. I’ve had a hard time dealing with rough news after rough news all summer, but I can’t let go of this nagging optimism that this is a moment and if we can just play it right, it can make all the difference.
Here’s to making history,
Links We Love
- Will you be lining up on July 31 for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child? Bookstores are pretty stoked.
- Still obsessed with Drunk Austen – and particularly their recent How to Get a Regency Beach Body post.
- The Guardian posted an exploration of the rise of Nazi-themed YA, which is really interesting.
- My Longest Healthy Relationship is with the Dead Poet Catullus. Title is a sufficient explanation.
- Ever since Austyn wrote about Dave Eggers I can’t stop seeing articles about him – including this look at Heroes of the Frontier.