Bookish Musings | Book Riot Live 2016 Recap!
This weekend, I was fortunate enough to attend Book Riot Live in New York City. Book Riot is #goals in many ways, but also a bit of a mystery to me, and I thought attending would be awesome, informative, and an excellent way to spend a weekend with the bookest of book nerds.
I was right.
Since it’s impossible to really share everything about the weekend, I thought I would run this into a list of lists.
5 Things I Learned
- Bookish people are some of the most empathetic and compassionate people ever.
- Podcasting is actually really fun to watch live (Check out Get Booked and All The Books).
- Book Riot maintains demographic quotas, not only for contributors, but for any recommendation list they publish (which I love).
- Every conference should have a reading lounge for breaks and introvert recovery time.
- Libraries experience a complex relationship with police related to security and privacy of patrons.